OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY in your Home with a Dementia & Aging in Place Specialist
Servicing Seacoast New Hampshire and Maine
**FULLY COVID VACCINATED**
Join us for Tips and Resources on Facebook
It can be stressful and worrisome when we, or a loved one, are struggling with memory or performing every day tasks
.....We can help.
To help people understand memory and cognitive changes and learn ways to live everyday at their best ability.
We can help at any stage of cognitive change.
Normal aging vs signs of dementia?
Have you noticed any of these changes with yourself or loved one?
Try this simple tool to screen for dementia
The importance of "meaningful activity"
Take this brief care partner screen
Check Out More SERVICES: MollyHarriganOT.com
Aging in Place - Home Assessments for accessibility and safety now and in the future
OT Treatments - for changes in mobility, strength, range of motion, coordination, balance, endurance....
Workshop Training - for supporting people with dementia
"Once you have hope anything is possible"
There is Hope for families and care partners:
- that your loved one can live every day at their best ability - despite cognitive changes
- that you can support your loved one and keep them safe at any stage
- that there are activities they can still do and feel productive with the right amount of support
- that you can influence certain behaviors that may be challenging or stressful
- for a clearer understanding of future needs
- for resources to guide and support you
We can do this TOGETHER!
A Quick Conversation Can Ease Your Mind
"There are only four types of people in the world:
those who are caregivers, those who have been caregivers, those who will be caregivers and those who will need caregivers"
~ Rosalynn Carter
Care Partners - have you wondered
- Am I communicating with my loved one in the most effective way - using the right words and cues?
- Is my loved one in the safest environment?
- Am I doing too much or too little for my loved one?
- How do I manage these behaviors that are stressful?
- Is there more support out there to help me?