To help people understand memory and cognitive changes and learn skills to live everyday at their best ability.
We want to decrease frustration and increase success.
Our in-home Occupational Therapy program:
- Evaluates a person's cognition and helps identify any deficits that affect daily life
- Educates on the reasons for these changes and why tasks are more challenging
- Provides recommendations for the most appropriate level of support
- Instructs on techniques for communication and activity set up to keep people as independent as possible
- Communicates with other health care professionals involved in care as indicated
Have you noticed any of these changes with your loved one?
Normal aging vs signs of dementia?
Try this simple tool to screen for dementia:
Who are "Care Partners"?
- Memory Partners uses the term Care Partner more often than Care Giver because of our emphasis on an interdependent relationship that emphasizes the strengths and gifts of each person
- When two people partner in care, they can each grow as individuals and therefore each feel uniquely useful and helpful - even if one has a diagnosis of a progressive cognitive condition.
Care Partners - have you wondered:
- Am I communicating with my loved one in the most effective way?
- Am I using the most appropriate words and phrasing?
- Is my loved one in the safest environment?
- Am I doing too much or too little for my loved one?
- Is there more support out there to help me?
We Can Help.
Take this brief care partner screen
Why meaningful activity is so important